Thursday, September 19, 2013

Where home seems to be


So a few months back when I got first introduced to this chant, I worried I was doing it all wrong. And that one of the main reasons why I felt I never really attached myself to organized religion it was always all those rules.

Then about 3 weeks ago I spoke to Doreen and told her I thought I should get better at doing these chants and that I failed at the pronunciation of all the prayers.

She said all i need to know is nam myoho renge kyo and that I could chant it anywhere I want.
That often she chants it in the car.

And I was like awesome no restrictions back to the chanting.

I have chanted everyday since for different amounts of time and wherever I see fit. Sometimes multiple times daily, sometimes only once.

I really feel it helps me. I really feel at peace here in this chant.

I now want to learn a whole lot more about Buddhism in general as a result.

I cannot say I will ever commit to one religion, I find so many great things in many of them.

What I can say is this: I have never felt more at home then I do in this chant, and that is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment