Thursday, July 11, 2013

dream big.

It is all I have ever done for as long as I can remember.  In 9th grade I had an art project to create a coat of arms to represent yourself; mine was filled with rainbows and clouds and the word dreamer at the top.

It is the biggest thing I can always remember knowing about myself

The people I idolize most in the whole world are dreamers.... like Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, Adam Duritz, Yoko Ono, Jim Morrison.... now following their dreams did not always pan out, but the fearlessness of thier tenacity to follow their dreams inspires me.

I am in awe all the time of people who do this everywhere. I love to "follow"  them through social media... check on them from time to time watch for a "follow your dreams tip" to pick up and learn.... and take off myself.

I find most often then not it is the naysayers that kill my dreams. In my head I am shackled by them fighting for freedom.

The naysayers have been present for as long as I can remember. It started with my dad, grew to be people around me too. Friends, society, my sister, even my own husband.

The naysayers are hard to give up. That is the reason it hard to be fearless. In this aspect I am painfully human, and not at all like my idols.

So I adapt .... focus on turning the naysayers to my side. It's like I am Jerry Maguire, only I have 500 gold fish in my bag and I am screaming at everyone I love "dream with me!"  Turning people to dream and take a leap of faith is about as hard as turning Vader away from the dark side.

Besides... I am like a human cornucopia of possibilities and aspirations, I have found that makes it even harder for the naysayers to believe in you; to ride the dream train along side you.

Since my mom died, my soul has been screaming from within to drive the dreamers train off into the sunset..... my biggest problem is I want to fill it with a bunch of naysaying, hitchhiking, loved ones that I can just light up on the road..... & one fellow dreamer that is distracted by her own cornucopia. ...

What's a girl to do? I am DYING to LIVE. How crazy is that?










No comments:

Post a Comment