Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I think I forgot why I started this in the first place for a minute.

I was driving home this morning and thinking about this blog. It occurred to me today that I think I have forgotten the point of this project.

I started this blog to get my creative juices flowing, at one point I actually was a pretty good writer....
But instead for the most part I feel like this thing has turned out to be my own personal bleeding heart sort of journal.... and no one is reading any how. That part is ok with me, but I really am trying to figure out if this thing is helping me.

It has been helping me in the sense I get to lay it all on the line, I get to say how I feel and what is on my mind and leave it on the page. It has really been years since I have been able to truly do that. I think a lot of that has not only to do with the writing but the growth I have really been doing as a person in my classes. It is incredible to really be able to let go.

I know that there are several times throughout this blog I will write in regards to the same subject (example my mom) over and over. But it does not mean I am letting go every time I write. I am letting go of what ever I am writing that day. If the subject re-appears in a string of post's then it is something that I am going to continue to deal with for a space of time.

So I guess after thinking about it, I have decided that I do want to get more creative in my writing.... I just need to work on it. But, I don't want to give up on the snippets of my life and my day to day either... Those honest, raw, and really personal thoughts have really become what "snippets" really is....

I do not know if I will ever gain an audience here, or even if I want one. I started this blog for me, and it will continue to be for me.

Once I nail down the creative portion of my writing side... I guess it would be nice to have feedback... but whatever happens, I am perfectly ok right where I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment